The niche that I enjoy being top of, with regards to SEO and search, are the keywords of Hacker Tools, which I hope to stay top of throughout the year.
I’m also trying to get some traction with Growth Tools and SEO Tools because clearly, that’s a similar niche in my view.
It’s worth me also noting that I have another resource that relates to lead generation hacks that you might also find interesting.
So, really, this site is predominantly a resource to help Cybersecurity Professionals and Growth Marketers (“Growth Hackers”) with tools they can use to enhance their security or grow their business.
In this resource, I list out a bunch of tools that I use as well as scraped lists from the likes of BlackHatWorld forum (which is a forum I highly respect and encourage you to check out).
What Will I Learn?
- 1 My Recommended Tools For 2021
- 2 Free Recommended Video Editing Tool
- 3 Free Professional Networking over Video
- 4 Free Website Tools & Platforms
- 5 Free Branding & Logo Creation Tools
- 6 Free Invoice & Legal Template Tools
- 7 Free Flow-Chart & Mindmaps
- 8 Free Business Name Generators
- 9 Free Blogging and Content Growth Tools
- 10 Free Trend Analysis Tools
- 11 Free SEO, Keyword + Analytic Tools
- 12 Free Image Optimizers
- 13 Free Image Editors & Social Media Creative Design
- 14 Free Email Management Tools
- 15 Free Social Media & Community Management
- 16 Free Customer Service & Surveys
- 17 A/B Testing Tools For Growth Hacking
- 18 Free Design Resources For Growth Marketers
- 19 Color Picking Tools
- 20 Inspiration Tools
- 21 Free Stock Photography
- 22 Free Typography
- 23 Free Icon Generator Tools
- 24 Free Useful Things (Bit Random)
- 25 Free Developer and Coding Tools & Platforms
- 26 Background Tunes To Stay Focused With
- 27 Organize & Collaboration Tools
- 28 Digital Nomad Tools For Remote Workers
- 29 Platforms To Find Tools
- 30 Community Sharing Networks
- 31 Growth Marketing Courses
- 32 Newsletter Tools
- 33 Useful, Random & Founder-Related
My Recommended Tools For 2021
So, here’s the list!
Free Recommended Video Editing Tool
- Stripo: Stripo is an all-in-one email design platform – and one that I think is particularly useful.
- Veed.io: is a fantastic video editing tool. They have free and paid accounts. Make incredible videos with a single click, add subtitles, transcribe audio, and more!
- RecordCast: is an equally excellent tool. With this tool, you can record your screen and also edit your video in one as well as trim recordings, add text effects, add overlays, add dynamic components, music, and modify backdrop colors with a built-in video editor.
Free Professional Networking over Video
- Meetaway: This is a virtual networking platform is designed to ensure attendees build real relationships by meeting the people they want for one-on-one conversations at events. The Meetaway solution offers either free or paid solutions.
Free Website Tools & Platforms
We’ve come a long, long way.
When I first started out in 2002 (pre WordPress) is was expensive to get a site going. The cost of a domain, hosting, and web design were all expensive, but these days you can easily pick up an amazing WordPress Theme for free or next-to-nothing.
Here are some resources which I can’t live without.
- Inovatik * Recommended!
For on my list which I highly recommend is Inovatik.
These themes are excellent. There’s a choice between free (basic) or paid that includes all the PHP you need to get your contact forms working.
The developer has made a major update to the HTML templates “Big Bundle” that includes: updates to the code and design for all templates – and – also – the bundle now includes free-to-use images, illustrations, and device mockups. Go Check Them Out!
- HTML5 UP: Responsive HTML5 and CSS3 site templates. This is good when you need a stand-alone (non-CMS) resource.
- Bootswatch: Free themes for Bootstrap.
- Website Ripper: Free tool to rip (download) an entire website.
- UIDeck: Another excellent batch of templates that can be used for your next project.
Templated: A collection of 800+ Free CSS & HTML5 site templates.
- WordPress.org | WordPress.com: Create your new website for free.
- Strikingly: Free, unlimited mobile optimized websites.
- Layers: A WordPress site builder so simple. It’s free, forever.
- Bootstrap Zero: The largest open-source, free Bootstrap template collection.
- Landing Harbor: Promote your mobile app with a free landing page.
- OnePage Love: Mix of excellent themes, all one-pagers.
Free Branding & Logo Creation Tools
Creating a logo for your business is obviously a vital element when getting it going but it needn’t’ become a hassle. These tools can create you a fast awesome logo for your next project!
As ever, when it comes to logos, simplicity is always key.
- Logaster: Professional online logo maker & generator.
- LogoMakr: Very nice simple way to make logos
- Hipster Logo Generator: It’s Hip, It’s Current, It’s Stylish, It’s Hipster.
- Squarespace Free Logo: You can download free low-res version for free.
- Signature Maker: A free web-based tool that creates your handwritten digital signature.
- Logo ShapeFactory: Excellent tool that works really well and creating simple vector style logos. If you just need a logo knocked up in a few minutes then this one might be the best one.
Free Invoice & Legal Template Tools
If you’ve been in the Internet Marketing game for any period of time you’ve likely come across the need to generate an invoice, an LOI (Letter of Intent), a receipt, expenses form or an SEO Proposal document – and these tools listed below will help.
There are several approaches you can take when trying to find a god invoice or legal documentation tool. You can either:
- Use a tool listed below (my favorite is Proposify);
- Or, use a Google Dork. To use a Dork run this search parameter in Google, copy and paste this:
SEO Proposal filetype:pdf
What this does is pull any PDF’s that have been created with the terms “SEO Proposal” in it. The chances are that someone has inadvertently placed their SEO Proposal online to a client, and naturally, as a curious Growth Hacker, you can take a look and crib it and improve it! I’ve done this multiple times, even for “founder decks” – try it, you’ll be amazed at just how much you can find online!
Some of these tools will undoubtedly help too:
- Invoice to me: Free Invoice Generator.
Free Invoice Generator: Alternative free invoice generator.
- Slimvoice: Insanely simple invoices.
- Wave: Free & easy accounting, invoicing and more.
- Invoice.to: Free invoice generator
- Kiss: Free legal docs for startup founders and investors.
- Docracy: An open collection of free legal documents.
Shake: Create, sign and send legally binding agreements in seconds. Free for personal use.
Free Flow-Chart & Mindmaps
Personally I always start everything with Paper and Pencil Mark 1.
Mind maps are definitely a solid idea especially when you’re working with freelancers and need to explain your business or a process that you’ve asked them to do for you.
- Experiment Board: Test your startup idea without wasting time or money.
- Germ.io: Get from idea to execution.
- Skitch: Your ideas become reality faster.
Free Business Name Generators
Chosing a domain in 2022? Good luck with that.
The chances of finding your
.com domain is doubtful if it’s a basic English word or a combination (also known as a portmanteau). However, these tools really do help you get the creative juices flowing and you’ll be up and running in no time.
I’d advise on three things:
- Make sure the business name you choose is not in use;
- Make sure it has relevance to your niche. An example is this, I own and manage an InfoSec Conference Directory, and the domain is, hardly surprisingly, infosec-conferences.com. It’s clear what the domain is and what you’ll find there!
- Don’t be tempted with vanity domains. I registered and still own
Hacker.Equipmentand at the time I thought that they were awesome ideas but the truth is that the general public doesn’t seem to trust these domains – just stick with the
.comvariation which is tried and tested.
- The Name App: Find an available name for your brilliant idea.
- Naminum: Discover a perfect company name.
Short Domain Search: Find short, available single-word domain names.
- Wordoid: Pick a short and catchy name for your business.
- Hipster Business Name: Hipster business name generator.
Impossibility: The best domain name generator ever.
- Lean Domain Search: Find a domain name for your website in seconds.
- Domainr: Fast, free, domain name search, short URLs.
Free Blogging and Content Growth Tools
It’s all about content in 2022. These tools will help you churn out that all important SEO’d content and keyword rich posts and pages.
- Hemingway: Hemingway App makes your writing bold and clear.
- Grammarly: Finds & corrects mistakes in your writing.
- Medium: Everyone’s stories and ideas.
- ZenPen: The minimal writing tool of web.
- Editorial Calendar: See all your posts, drag & drop to manage your blog.
- Story Wars: Writing stories together.
- WP Hide Post: Control the visibility of items on your blog.
- Social Locker: Ask visitors “to pay” for your content with a tweet, etc.
- Egg Timer: Set a time and bookmark it for repeated use.
BlankPage: Writing made simple.
- Wattpad: The world’s largest community for readers and writers.
- Known: A single site for the content you create.
- Wattpad: The world’s largest community for readers and writers.
- Dbook: Structured and collaborative writing for large documents.
- CoSchedule: Blog post headline analyzer.
A5gg: When you return your text will still be here.
- Free Summarizer: Summarize any text online in just a few seconds.
Free Trend Analysis Tools
Identifying trends is key for any niche. Being able to predict search would stand you in a highly competitive position.
- Portent: Content idea generator.
- Google Trends: A new way of displaying trending searches.
- Buzzsumo: Analyze what content performs best for any topic or competitor.
- Hubspot Blog Topic Generator: Custom blog ideas.
- Twitter Trending: Obvious what this one does
- Quora: Definitely a solid idea, ask the question yourself first then answer it.
- Reddit: users are passionate but have zero tolerance for clickbait or placing links to offers.
Ruzzit: ind the most shared content on the web.
Free SEO, Keyword + Analytic Tools
There are a bunch of gems here.
Honestly though, if I were you I would not buy any tools for SEO. The best approach is to use Google Auto-prompt since all the answers are there.
- Open Site Explorer: A comprehensive tool for link analysis.
- Ahrefs: Site explorer & backlink checker.
- Quick Sprout: Complete analysis of your website, I believe this is owned by Neil Patel.
- WordPress SEO by Yoast: Probably the most popular SEO WordPress plugin by far. I don’t use it but many do.
- SEO Site Checkup: Check your website’s SEO problems for free.
- Hubspot Marketing Grader: Grade your marketing.
- SimilarWeb: Analyze website statistics for any domain.
- Alexa Ranking: Analytical insights to analyze any site’s rank.
SERPs Rank Checker: Free keyword rank & SERP checker.
- OpenLinkProfiler: This is a highly recommended tool and pretty amazing how much info you get for free. If you just want a snapshot of what’s going on then definitely use this tool.
- Keywordtool.io: Free alternative to Google Keyword Planner.
- Keyparser: Very interesting and useful keyword tool
- Google: Analytics | Keyword Planner | Webmaster Tools | Trends |
- Nibbler: Test any website.
- Browseo: How search engines see your website.
- Broken Links: Find broken links, redirects & more.
- Copyscape: Search for copies of your page on the web.
- Google Pagespeed Insights: Check the performance of your site.
- Pingdom: Test & the load time of a site.
- GTMetrics: Analyze your page’s speed performance.
- Moz Local: Check your local listings on Google, Bing, and others.
- XML Sitemaps: Sitemap generator that creates XML & HTML variants.
- Shopify E-commerce Report: Get your free Ecommerce report.
- W3C validator: Easy-to-use markup validation service.
Free Image Optimizers
Fast-loading images are a must for fast-loading websites. These tools will help you on your quest to have a faster-loading website.
- TinyJPG | TinyPNG: Compress images.
- Compressor.io: Optimize and compress your images online.
- Kraken: Optimize your images & accelerate your websites.
- ImageOptimizer: Resize, compress and optimize your image files.
- ImageOptim: Makes images take up less disk space & load faster.
- Smush.it: Image optimizer WordPress plugin.
- Dunnnk: Beautiful mockups.
- InstaMockup: Create beautiful screenshots of your app or website.
Free Image Editors & Social Media Creative Design
Some of these tools will really help you get your content to stand out.
- Canva: Amazingly simple graphic design that I use for everything, social media, creating ads, etc. Excellent tool and totally worthwhile getting an account. I’ve used the paid account but free is good enough.
- Pixlr: Pixlr Editor is a robust browser photo editor.
- Skitch: Get your point across with fewer words.
- Easel.ly: Empowers anyone to create & share powerful visuals.
- Social Image Resizer Tool: Create optimized images for social media.
- Placeit: Free product mockups & templates.
Recite: Turn a quote into a visual masterpiece. Meme Generator: The first online meme generator.
- Pablo: Design engaging images for your social media posts in under 30 seconds.
Free Email Management Tools
Email lives on! There’s no doubt that email packs an unbelievably high ROI compared to other media. Email has stood the test of time and well-written email content will offer you the highest ROI when it comes to your digital marketing efforts.
- Contact form 7: Famous WordPress plugin to collect email addresses.
- Mailchimp: Send 12,000 emails to 2,000 subscribers for free.
- ManyContactsBar: Free contact form sits on top of your website.
- Hello Bar: Get more email subscribers.
- Sumome List Builder: Collect email addresses with lightbox popover.
- Scroll Triggered Box: Boost your conversion rates — WordPress only.
- Sumome Scroll Box: Capture more email addresses, politely.
- Mandrill: The fastest way to deliver email. Free 12K emails/month.
- Mailgun: The Email Service For Developers. Free 10K emails/month.
- Sendgrid: Delivers your transactional and marketing email. Free 12K emails/month.
- Sendinblue: Free 9K emails/month.
- Mailtrack: The best free email tracking solution.
- Beefree: Free Email editor to build responsive design messages.
- Canned Emails: A minimal site with prewritten emails.
Free Social Media & Community Management
There’s a bunch of great resources here to ramp up your social media. I haven’t used all of them but I’ve heard of them and my scraping brought these to light.
- WriteRack: The best way to tweetstorm.
- Spruce: Make Twitter-ready images in seconds.
- Click To Tweet: Get more shares on your content.
- MyTweetLinks: Increases Twitter traffic.
Latergram: Easily plan & schedule your Instagram posts.
- WordPress Pin it Button for Images: Add a “Pin It” button.
- SharedCount: Track URL shares, likes, tweets, and more.
- How Many Shares Count how many shares a URL has across most social networks, all in one place.
- Justunfollow: Follow / unfollow people on Twitter & Instagram.
- SocialRank: Identify, organize, and manage your followers on Twitter.
Klout: Social media influence score on browser extension.
- Ritetag: Instant hashtag analysis.
- Buffer Free Plan: Schedule posts to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+.
- Bitly: Create, share, and track shortened links.
- Filament: A free beautiful and customizable sharing bar.
- Addthis: Get more shares, follows and conversions.
- Sumome Share: Auto-optimizes your share buttons for max traffic.
- Digg Digg: Your all in one share buttons plugin.
- Disqus: Build a community of active readers & commenters.
- App Review Monitor: App reviews delivered to Slack and your inbox.
- Presskit Generator: Generate a Press Kit for your iOS App for free.
- Free Survey Creator: Create a survey. Get user feedback for free.
Free Customer Service & Surveys
Understanding what your niche wants is clearly key to being able to monetize your site effectively.
- Typeform: Free beautiful online survey & form builder.
- Tally: Create polls in no time.
- Free Survey Creator: Create a survey. Get user feedback for free.
- Batch: The first-ever 100% free engagement platform for mobile apps.
- Helprace: Customer service tool. Free for up to 3 agents for small support teams.
A/B Testing Tools For Growth Hacking
If you haven’t done an A/B test then you’ll never know what works and what doesn’t. I’d absolutely recommend that you implement these tools.
- Petit Hacks: Acquisition, retention, & revenue hacks used by companies.
- Optimizely: One optimization platform for websites and mobile apps.
- Hello Bar: Tool for A/B testing different CTAs & power words.
- GrowthHackers: Unlocking growth. Together.
Free Design Resources For Growth Marketers
“People buy images not words,” said some clever chap, and I couldn’t agree anymore. Images are vital for the success of your content and growth marketing.
- Freebbble: High-quality design freebies from Dribbble.
- Dribbble: Dribbble search results for “freebie”. An absolute freebie treasure.
- Graphic Burger: Tasty design resources made with care for each pixel.
- Pixel Buddha: Free and premium resources for professional community.
- Premium Pixels: Free Stuff for Creative Folk.
- Fribbble: Free PSD resources by Dribbblers curated by Gilbert Pellegrom.
- Freebiesbug: Latest free PSDs & other resources for designers.
- 365 Psd: Download a free psd every day.
- Dbf: Dribbble & Behance best design freebies.
- Marvel: Free resources from designers we love.
- UI Space: High quality hand-crafted Freebies for awesome people.
- Free Section of Pixeden: Free design resources.
- Free Section of Creative Market: Freebies coming out every Monday.
- Teehan+Lax: iOS 8 GUI PSD (iPhone 6).
- Teehan+Lax: iPad GUI PSD.
- Freepik: iFree graphic resources for everyone.
- Tech&All: PSD, Tech News, and other resources for free.
- Tethr: The most beautiful IOS design KIT ever.
- Web3Canvas: PSD Freebies, HTML Snippets, Inspirations & Tutorials.
- SketchAppResources: Free graphical resources.
- Placeit Freebies: Freebies delivered right to your Dropbox.
Color Picking Tools
These tools do exactly what the title says above!
- Material Palette: Generate & export your Material Design color palette.
- New Flat UI Color Picker: Best flat colors for UI design.
- Flat UI Colors: Beautiful flat colors.
- Coolors: Super fast color schemes generator for cool designers.
- Skala Color: An extraordinary color picker for designers and developers.
- Material UI Colors: Material ui color palette for Android, Web & iOS.
- Colorful Gradients: Gradients automatically created by a computer.
- Adaptive Backgrounds: Extract dominant colors from images.
- Brand Colors: Colors used by famous brands.
- 0 to 255: A simple tool that helps web designers find variations of any color.
Colour Lovers: Create & share colors, palettes, and patterns.
- Adobe Color CC: Color combinations from the Kuler community.
- Bootflat: Perfect colors for flat designs.
- Hex Colorrrs: Hex to RGB converter.
- Get UI Colors: Get awesome UI colors.
Coleure: Smart color picker.
- Colllor: Color palette generator.
- PLTTS: Free color picker.
We all need inspiration and you’ll get it from these tools.
- MaterialUp: Daily material design inspiration.
- FLTDSGN: Daily showcase of the best flat UI design websites and apps.
- Site Inspire: Web design inspiration.
- UI Cloud: The largest user interface design database in the world.
- Moodboard: Build a beautiful mood board and share the result.
- Crayon: The most comprehensive collection of marketing designs.
- Land-Book: Product landing pages gallery.
- Ocean: A community of designers sharing feedback.
- Dribbble: Show and tell for designers.
- Behance: Showcase & discover creative work.
- Pttrns: Mobile user interface patterns.
- Flat UI Design: Useful Pinterest board.
- Awwwards: The awards for design, creativity, and innovation.
- The Starter Kit: Curated resources for developers and designers.
- One Page Love: Resource for one-page website inspiration.
- UI Parade: User interface design tools and design inspiration.
- The Best Designs: The best of web design.
Agile Designers: Best resources for designers & developers.
- Niice: A search engine with taste.
Free Stock Photography
There’s more than just unsplash!
Whatever you do never, ever, ever, use anything created or owned by Getty Images. If you haven’t paid for an image and you have it on your site they’ll come after you with everything they’ve got. They’re a nasty bunch and they have software that picks up images that you haven’t paid for. Anyways – pardon my rant – just avoid them and use free images instead.
- Pikwizard: Pikwizard has hundreds of excellent free stock photos you can.
- Stock Up: Best free stock photo websites in one place.
- All The Free Stock: Free stock images, icons, and videos.
- Unsplash: Free (do whatever you want) high-resolution photos.
- Splashbase: Search & discover free, hi res photos & videos.
- Startup Stock Photos: Go. Make something.
- Jay Mantri: Free pics. do anything (CC0). Make magic.
- Moveast: This is a journey of a Portuguese guy moving east.
- Travel Coffee Book: Sharing beautiful travel moments.
- Designers Pics: Free photographs for your personal & commercial use.
- Death to the Stock Photo: Free photos sent to you every month.
- Foodie’s Feed: Free food pictures in hi-res.
- Mazwai: Free creative commons HD video clips & footages.
- Jéshoots: New modern free photos.
- Super Famous: Photos by Dutch interaction designer Folkert Gorter.
- Pixabay: Free high-quality images.
- Super Famous: Photos by Dutch interaction designer Folkert Gorter.
- Picography: Free hi-resolution photos.
- Pixabay: Free high-quality images.
- Magdeleine: A free high-resolution photo every day.
- Snapographic: Free stock photos for personal & commercial use.
- Little Visuals: 7 hi-res images in your inbox every 7 days.
- Splitshire: Delicious free stock photos.
- New Old Stock: Vintage photos from the public archives.
- Picjumbo: Totally free photos.
- Life of Pix: Free high-resolution photos.
- Gratisography: Free high-resolution photos.
- Getrefe: Free photos.
- IM Free: A curated collection of free resources.
- Cupcake: A photographer’s treat by Jonas Nilsson Lee.
- The Pattern Library Free patterns for your projects.
- Public Domain Archive: New 100% free stock photos.
- ISO Republic: High-quality, free photos for creatives.
- Stokpic: Totally free photos.
- Kaboompics: The best way to get free photos.
Function: Free photo packs.
- MMT: Free stock photos by Jeffrey Betts.
- Paul Jarvis: Free high-resolution photos.
- Lock & Stock Photos: Free stock photos for you.
- Raumrot: Free high-resolution picture.
- Bucketlistly: A free creative common collection of travel photos.
- StockSnap: Beautiful free stock photos.
- Unfinished Business: Free stock photos featuring Vince Vaughn.
- Free Nature Stock: Royalty-free Nature Stock Photos. Use them however you want.
Stop paying for fonts and use these.
Also – remember, if you want your content to show in China then your Google fonts wont load because, well, China doesn’t like Google.
- TypeGenius: Find the perfect font combo for your next project.
- Font Squirrel: 100% free commercial fonts.
- FontFaceNinja: Browser extension to find the web fonts a site uses.
- Google Fonts: Free, open-source fonts optimized for the web.
- Beautiful Web Type: Best typefaces from the Google web fonts directory.
- DaFont: Archive of freely downloadable fonts.
- 1001 Free Fonts: A huge selection of free fonts.
- FontPark: The web’s largest archive of free fonts.
- Font-to-width: Fit pieces of text snugly within their containers.
- Adobe Edge Fonts: The free, easy way to get started with web fonts.
- Typekit: A limited collection of fonts to use on a website or in applications.
Free Icon Generator Tools
As well as a memorable logo, name, images and excellent well-written SEO’d content you’ll also need icons! Here’s a bunch to get you going.
- Fontello: Icon fonts generator.
- Flat Icon: A search engine for 16000+ glyph vector icons.
- Material Design Icons: 750 Free open-source glyphs by Google.
- Font Awesome: The iconic font and CSS toolkit.
- Glyphsearch: Search for icons from other icon databases.
- MakeAppIcon: Generate App Icons of all sizes with a click.
- Endless Icons: Free flat icons and creative stuff.
- Ico Moon: 4000+ free vector icons, icon generator.
- The Noun Project: Thousands of glyph icons from different artists.
- Perfect Icons: A social icon creation tool.
- Icon Finder: Free icon section of the website.
- Free Round Icons: Doodle Set | Flat Set | Vector Line Set
- Icon Sweets: 60 free vector Photoshop icons.
- Make Appicon: Generate App Icons of ALL sizes with a click.
- App Icon Template: Royalty-free app icon creator for iOS, OS X and Android.
SmartIcons: Download 1450 premium icons for free.
- Ego Icons: 100 Free vector icons with a clean look and feel.
- FlatIcons: Free flat icon customizer, royalty free.
- To(icon): Free icons.
Free Useful Things (Bit Random)
These are random but helpful nonetheless.
- UI Faces: Find and generate sample avatars for user interfaces.
Copy Paste Character: Click to copy.
- Window Resizer: See how it looks on various screen resolutions.
- Sonics: Free packs of UI sounds and sound effects delivered to your inbox every month.
Free Developer and Coding Tools & Platforms
For those that code, then you’ll find some useful gems in here.
- Hive: First free unlimited cloud service in the world.
- GitHub: Build software better, together.
- BitBucket: Git and Mercurial code management for teams
- Chisel: Chisel offers an unlimited number of fossil repositories.
- Visual Studio: Comprehensive collection of developer tools and services.
Landscape:Landscape is an early warning system for your Python codebase.
- Swiftype: Add great search to any website. Free with limitations.
- Keen.io: Gather all the data you want & start getting the answers you need.
- Coveralls: Test coverage history and statistics.
- LingoHub: Free for Small Teams, Open Source usage, and Educational projects.
- Codacy: Continuous Static Analysis designed to complement your unit tests.
- Searchcode: Search over 20 billion lines of code.
- TinyCert: Free SSL certificates for your startup.
- StartSSL: Free SSL certificates.
- Opbeat: The first ops platform for developers. Free for small teams.
- Pingdom: Website monitoring. Free for one website.
- Rollbar: Full-stack error monitoring for all apps in any language.
- Loggly: Simplify Log Management Forever. Free for one user.
Devport: Get your developer portfolio. Getting Real: The smarter way to build web apps. A free book by 37signals. Peek: Get a free, 5-minute video of someone using your site. Creator: Build better Ionic apps, faster. DevFreeCasts: A huge collection of free screencasts for developers. CodyHouse: A free library of HTML, CSS, JS nuggets.
Background Tunes To Stay Focused With
Soma FM is my station of choice, but you might prefer some of these resources to keep you totally focused on the tasks as hand
- Noisli: Background noise & color generator.
- Noizio: Ambient sound equalizer for relaxing or productivity.
- Defonic: Combine the sounds of the world into a melody.
Designers.mx: Curated playlists by designers, for designers.
- Coffitivity: Stream the sounds of a coffee shop at work.
- Octave: A free library of UI sounds, handmade for iOS.
- Free Sound: Huge database of free audio snippets, samples, + recordings.
- Sonics: Free packs of UI sounds and sound effects delivered to your inbox every month.
Organize & Collaboration Tools
We all work best together but staying on top of bizzle can be a tricky task so these tools will hopefully help
- Xtensio: Perfect platform to create powerful business content together.
- Trello: Keeps track of everything.
- Evernote: The workspace for your life’s work.
- Dropbox: Free space up to 2GB.
- Yanado: Tasks management inside Gmail.
- Wetransfer: Free transfer up to 2GB.
- Drp.io: Free, fast, private, and easy image and file hosting.
- Pocket: View later, put it in Pocket.
- Raindrop: Mac app for bookmarking and reading it later.
- Flowdock: Free for teams of five and non-profits.
- Typetalk: Share and discuss ideas with your team through instant messaging.
- Slack: Free for unlimited users with few limited features.
Hipchat: Free for unlimited users with few limited features.
- Google Hangouts: Bring conversations to life with photos, emoji and group video calls.
- Voveet: Simple, free 3D conference calls. Experience the difference.
- FreeBusy: Eliminate coordination headaches when you need to schedule a meeting.
- RealTimeBoard: Your regular whiteboard, re-thought for the best online experience.
Witkit: Witkit is the secure platform for teams. 50GB of free encrypted data storage.
- Any.do: Get things done with your team.
- Asana: Teamwork without email.
- GoToMeeting: Online meetings without the hassle.
Digital Nomad Tools For Remote Workers
Bunch of nice tools here for the Digital Nomads amongst you.
- Founded X Startup Stats: Find the best country to build your startup in
- Teleport: Startup Cities: Discover and budget your next move to 100+ startup cities.
Nomad Houses: Houses around the world for nomads to live and work together.
- Workfrom: Coffee, Wi-Fi, and good vibes.
Lastroom: Simplifying your team travel management
- Nomadlist: The best cities to live and work remotely.
- What’s It Like: Helping travelers figure out WHEN to go.
- Nomad Jobs: The best remote jobs at the best startups.
Platforms To Find Tools
Looking for work? Then hit thees links up.
- Product Hunt: Curation of the best new products, every day.
- Angellist: Where the world meets startups.
- Beta List: Discover and get early access to tomorrow’s startups.
- StartupLi.st: Find. Follow. Recommend startups.
- Startups List: Collections of the best startups in different places.
- Erli Bird: Where great new products are born.
Community Sharing Networks
Often we need feedback. The folks at these resources will do exactly that.
- Assembly: Co-create new ideas no matter where they are.
CoFoundersLab: Find a co-founder in any city, any industry.
- Founder2be: Find a co-founder for your startup.
Growth Marketing Courses
Keep learning my friend…
- Coursera: Free online classes from 80+ top universities & organizations.
- Khan Academy: Free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
- Skillshare: Unlock your creativity with free online classes & projects.
- Codecademy: Learn to code interactively, for free.
- How to start a startup: As an Audio Podcast or As Online Course
- Startup Notes: Startup School invites amazing founders to tell their stories.
- The How: Learn from entrepreneurs.
Launch This Year: Guide to help you launch your online business.
- Closed Club: Browse shut-down start-ups & learn why they closed.
- Startup Talks: A curated collection of startup related videos.
- Rocketship.fm: Learn from successful entrepreneurs each week.
- reSRC.io: All free programming learning resources.
- The Lean LaunchPad: How to Build a Startup.
TalentBuddy: Learn to code.
- Mixergy: Learn from proven entrepreneurs.
- Hackdesign: Receive a design lesson in your inbox each week.
- Primer: No-nonsense, jargon-free marketing lessons (by Google).
- KeepYourFriendsClose: A free e-book about maximizing Customer Lifetime Value.
- Growth Marketing Tools: A fantastic resource of tools.
- Pricing Course: A free 9-day course on charging what you’re worth.
- Email Course for Sponsorships: How to get sponsorships for anything.
- Startup Sales Course: A free course to help you become a better marketer.
- Build an online course: A free course to help you build an online course.
- MailCharts: A FREE email course to help you become a better marketer.
- FirstSiteGuide: The beginner’s guide to successful blogging.
There are some interesting resources here for those looking to improve their email ROI and open rates.
- Email1K: A free 30-day course to double your email list.
- Design for Hackers: 12 weeks of design learning, right in your inbox.
- Startup Digest: Personalized newsletter for all things startup in your area.
- Mattermark Daily: Curated newsletter from investors & founders.
- ChargeWhatYou’reWorth: Free course on charging what you’re worth.
- Product Psychology: Lessons on User Behavior.
- UX Newsletter: Tales of researching, designing, and building.
- UX Design Weekly: Best user experience design links every week.
Useful, Random & Founder-Related
Random stuff that doesn’t hurt.
- Foundrs: Co-founder equity calculator.
- Ad Spend Calculator: Should my startup pay to advertise?
- HowMuchToMakeAnApp: Calculate the cost of a mobile application.
- App vs. Website: Should you build an app or website?
- App Development Cost: A neat solution to calculate the cost of your app.
- Pitcherific: Pitcherific helps you create, train, and improve your pitch.
- Startup Equity Calculator: Figure out how much equity to grant new hires in seconds.
BuiltWith, which I use via its' Chrome browser extension is a useful tool. Why? Because you can see what tech a website is using. The types of data you can find out about include: Their...
This is promoting a paid service (I'm not an affiliate for this product) but anyway - here it is! Just shy of a million individuals are available to advertise your brand for USD $75 each month if...