Henry Dalziel | Information Security Conferences | December 6, 2015
In this post we take a look at “Cyber-Terrorism Conferences”.
This blog post will help you if:
– You want to attend Cyber-Terrorism conferences and seminars to learn more;
– Or, you want to migrate into a government/ public service position and are therefore keen to network at niche-specific conferences
Brief background to this post…
As most of our community know, since 2013 we’ve been publishing a comprehensive list of Cyber Security Conferences (InfoSec) that is updated every day (you can see the 2016 list here), but in this particular post we want to highlight our recommended conferences to attend should you be interested in learning more about Cyber Terrorism.
Whatever your position, and interest in the subject, it seems that industry experts mostly disagree on whether the Islamic State’s (ISIS) ability to launch a dangerous and effective cyberattack is a major concern or an emerging online threat or whether it’s just completely overblown. What do you think? Let us know your thoughts! Drop a comment below and we will gladly publish them.
So, in no particular order, here are Information Security Conferences relating to Cyber Terrorism that we found in the United States:
What is it: NETMOD 2016 is not a ‘pure Cyber event’ but rather includes Cyber as a key component to a discussion on key military network initiatives. This conference highlights some of the progress occurring across the military spectrum.
– Learn about Emerging Technologies Supporting the “Mobile” Warfighter
– Hear from Experts on the Army/s Roadmap to Network Modernization
– Learn upcoming requirements and acquisitions opportunities for cloud solutions
Where: Venue to be confirmed, Washington DC, USA
When: April 25 – 27, 2016
What is it: The Annual Defensive Cyberspace Operations & Intelligence (DCOI) conference & exhibition is an Israeli-American partnership promoting developments in the technological, intelligence and policy-making domains of cyberspace.
– Learn about the recent breakthroughs from today’s most pressing cyber threats including: the Israeli cyber perspective, protecting financial critical infrastructure, cybersecurity innovations, evolving cyber information sharing;
– Have exposure to the newest advanced technology from Israeli startups;
– Have meetings with industry, government & defense/military;
– Over 5 hours of extensive networking opportunities
Where: Washington DC, USA
When: May 18 – 19, 2016
International Conference On Cyber Warfare And Security
What is it: This event, now in its’ 11th year is a very well organized and informative event that addresses all Cyber Warfare issues.
– Quality is the key here: this event is recognized by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security as a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education and Research.
Where: Boston University, Massachusetts, USA
When: March 17 – 18, 2016
The following events are located in Europe. If you can think of any other ones please let us know by dropping a comment below.
Security & Counter Terror Expo 2016
What is it: This conference is specifically designed to cover the most critical issues facing security and counter terror professionals including Cyber Warfare and Terrorism.
– FREE to attend!
– One of Europe’s largest and most comprehensive security conferences
Where: London, UK
When: April 19 – 20, 2016
Cyber Defense & Network Security 2016
What is it: This is a premier cybersecurity symposium incorporating militarizes, government and critical national infrastructure at the highest decision making level.
– Learn from leading nations on their best cyber security practices, and also the threats that concern them in the future, from best methods of training to concerns around the ‘Internet of Things.’
– Improve your knowledge from the industry as to the best tools and solutions available to help ensure total network security.
– Exposure to organisations outside of the military, ranging from private to public services, with the question being posed “What lessons can be learnt from outside of our network?”
Where: London, UK
When: January 19 – 22, 2016
European Conference On Cyber Warfare And Security
What is it: Consider this more of an ‘academic event’ which is
organized by the University of Hertfordshire.
– This conference, with 13 years of legacy, has the ability to invite internationally recognized cyberwarfare experts.
Where: The University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield, UK
When: July 2 – 3, 2016
And here are a few others as well that you might be interested in learning about, especially if you live in the country of origin:
Clearly, if Cyber-Terrorism is an interest that interests you then attending events like the ones listed above is a superb idea.
Let us know what you think of this list and don’t forget to add any comments below.